According to a photo that was posted at the SprintUsers.com forum (not pictured here), the HTC Touch Diamond (also known as the MP6950) will be coming to Sprint on September 2nd.
The same photo shows off a few other handsets allegedly coming to Sprint and their release dates:
- LG Rumor in Blue
- Palm Treo 800W
- Blackberry Curve in Red
- MotoRAZR VE20
- Novatel EX720 Express Card Refresh
- Sierra AirCard 595 PC Card Refresh
- Katana Eclipse by Sanyo (SCP-6750)
- M320 by Samsung
- M220 by Samsung
- Motorola Renegade V950
- MP6950 by HTC
- Motorola i365
HTC has announced that they will be boosting shipments of their upcoming Touch Diamond handset by 50%, in anticipation for the likely demand for the product.
Originally planning on shipping 2 million, after the increase that means they are expected to ship roughly 3 million units.
HTC head Peter Chou said that the original Touch handset took 11 months to sell 3 million units but he believes that the Touch Diamond will only take 7 months to sell that same volume.
Look for the Touch Diamond to hit beginning Europe next month and spread to the rest of the world in the second half of this year.
Looks like the leaked photos of the HTC Touch Diamond were real. This morning HTC held a press conference to officially introduce the handset.
The Touch Diamond uses a new interface technology HTC is calling TouchFLO 3D which heavily emphasizes one-touch browsing and single-finger dialing.
Features of the Touch Diamond will include:
- Windows Mobile 6.1 operating system
- VGA screen
- Quad-band HSDPA 7.2
- Accelerometer that can rotate pictures as you rotate the phone
- One-touch music playback with animated music browser
- Heavily-animated weather forecast app
- Opera web browser that reformats the screen when zooming
- Youtube app and content playback
- No normal headphone jack–instead it will use HTC’s proprietary USB dongle
No pricing info yet but if you live in Europe looks like you’ll have first dibs on it thanks to carrier Orange.
Check out a video of the Touch Diamond on the product page here.