Canon officially announces 5D Mark II
Waiting for official word on an upgrade to Canon’s excellent 5D DSLR? Your wait is over–meet the 5D Mark II.
Features of the 5D Mark II include:
- 21.1 megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 4 image processor
- ISO range of 100 – 6400 with expanded range of 50 – 25,600
- Able to shoot 3.9 fps
- 6 autofocus points plus 6 autofocus assist points
- 98% coverage viewfinder
- 3-inch LCD with anti-reflective and scratch-resistant coatings
- Live View
- Able to record full HD 1920 x 1080 video and stereo audio for up to 4GB per clip
- Updated EOS Integrated Cleaning System to work with new full-frame sensor
- Uses CF Card Type I and II
- HDMI output
- Compatible with EF/EF-S lenses and most EOS System accessories
Some may grumble at the HD video feature but I suspect it may be like Live View–purists will complain but some will secretly be thankful it’s there for occasions where they just can’t get their eye behind the viewfinder. There will be times the ability to record HD video clips with audio will come in handy too.
Look for the 5D Mark II to be available at the end of November and go for $2,699 for the body only or $3,499 with a new EF 24 – 105mm f/1.4L II USM lens.
For more info check out the product page here.