Sony Ericsson announces slim T700 phone
In a move probably not meant to confuse consumers on purpose, Sony today announced a new, slim cellphone called the T700. If you’re familiar with one of their recent digital camera announcements you already know the naming problem but in case you’re not here it is: they’re both called the “T700”.
Sure the camera is technically called the “DSC-T700” but that’s still a little too similar if you ask me.
Specs of the new T700 cellphone will include;
- Quad-band GSM and UMTS/HSDPA 2100
- 2-inch TFT LCD screen
- 3.2 megapixel camera with cell-id geotagging and photo light
- Bluetooth with support for A2DP
- Stereo speakers
- 512MB of memory (in the form of a Memory Stick Micro which is included in the box)
- Up to 4.5 hours of 3G talk time
- Just 10mm thin
No real specific launch or price info yet, but look for it to hit “select markets” in Q4 of this year.
Check out the full press release here if you’re interested.