Fable 2 release date announced
Lionhead Studios, developers of the upcoming Xbox 360 title Fable 2, has officially announced the release date for the US and Europe and their just three days apart from one another.
In the US look for Fable 2 to hit on October 21st and in Europe expect to see it on October 24th.
The game will be available as a standard edition game as well as a special, Limited Edition which will include extras like:
- Bonus DVD – Includes new ‘Making-of Feature’ with Peter Molyneux and the team at Lionhead Studios and concept art viewer
- Bonus In-Game Content (Requires LIVE account) – Includes “The Hall of the Dead” Dungeon, “The Wreckager” Legendary Cutlass Weapon and Otherworldly Bonus
- Collectible Hobbe figure with accessories – From the Qee Collection comes this one-of-a-kind Hobbe figure. Nasty, brutish, and short, he roams the countryside, preying on travelers and spiriting away the children of the unwary.
- 48-hour Xbox LIVE Gold Trial Card – With Xbox LIVE Gold, players can show off their individual hero by inviting friends into their unique version of Albion or they can visit their friends’ Albion, and earn additional gold, experience and renown to take back into their own.
- Five printed Fate Cards – These five beautiful cards foretell the Hero’s great destiny to journey across all of Albion, encountering deadly enemies and enigmatic allies. The path leads to a choice that will change the world forever.
In the mean time, on August 13th you’ll be able to download Pug Games for Xbox LIVE to get you in the mood for the full game but it looks like you’ll only be able to get it if you pre-order the full actual Fable 2 game.
Fable 2 Pub Games will give you some fun mini games to play around with while also giving you the opportunity to earn gold for your character. Or lose, I suppose.
If you DON’T pre-order Fable 2 you’ll still be able to get Pub Games but instead of being free it will cost you 800 points.
For more info about Fable 2 Pub Games check out this post.