Griffin announces new iPhone-ready iTrip AutoPilot
Griffin Technology today announced a new product in their iTrip product line for the iPhone called the iTrip AutoPilot.
While some of the iPod solutions will still work with the iPhone, users have had to choose between listing to their music and GSM noise (buzzing clicking sounds) or turning off the phone portion of the iPhone.
The AutoPilot will let you broadcast audio from your iPhone to your car’s FM radio tuner as well as charge your iPhone all while leaving your iPhone on to receive calls, text messages, etc.
Features of the device include:
- AutoPilot controls iPod playback from your dash or console’s cigarette lighter with the touch of a finger.
- Industry-leading SmartScan does all the work — scans the radio dial for the three best frequencies then saves them automatically to 3 programmable presets for easy recall at the touch of a button.
- New SmartSound™ Plus technology delivers clear sound under real-world conditions.
- New high-contrast display is easy to read.
- Three-stage light ring changes color to indicate the charging status of your iPod battery.
- RDS technology shows song information on your RDS-enabled car radio display.
The AutoPilot will set you back $99.99 when it launches. No release date is mentioned yet.
For more info check out the product page here.